Friday, September 20, 2013

Tea Party Themed Birthday Party

Its been well over a year since I have posted a new blog. Thanks to a new friend, I am motivated to start blogging again. I think I will take you back almost a year to my daughters 4th birthday. She wanted her first friends party! Since most of her friends were girls we decided on a Tea Party. I was so excited and got pretty into it.
I love to shop for vintage and discounted items. My first challenge were the actual tea sets. How in the world can I give a bunch of three and four year olds glass tea cups? So I started to search and I came across adorable plastic vintage tea cups. I found mine at a local second hand store. I payed $60 for a huge set of 26 tea cups, random saucers and some plates. You can find them for sale on ebay. Just search trumpet ware
We played pin the lid on the teapot. I just drew out a teapot and traced the lid over and over.I let my daughter paint each tea lid however she liked. If you aren't advanced in painting you can just do solid colors of tempera paint without the shading. Just outline after in sharpie marker. All of the table cloths were found on clearance. I liked that they were mix and match. Using the small tables I was able to cut them in half and layer them. The more stuff on the tables,the better! Clutter is perfect for a tea party. You can find most of this stuff at a local party store. I made sure that I served real tea. Its a TEA Party!I just found a good tasting decaf to serve. For lunch I made small sandwiches appropriate for kids. Peanut butter and Jelly, Cheese, Tuna Salad and Chicken Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment